The startup ecosystem in Aix-Marseille
Provence has always had a love affair with new technologies: with its pioneers in innovative technologies: home of the smart card, developer of the first contactless technologies. Provence offers an attractive environment in areas such as big data, cloud computing, contactless technologies, e-tourism, mobile applications or connected objects…
To get your project into the fast lane, Aix-Marseille French Tech provides:
- The best digital schools: Epitech / Kedge / EMD / Supinfo /Axe Sud / Ingésup / IAE Aix / Institut G4 / Cesi Exia /Centrale / Mines St Etienne ISMIN. Very dynamic and very involved in the territory, some of them are connected to accelerators (Kedge), fab labs (Centrale), or participate actively in the workings of the startup ecosystem.
- The full-scale of IT sectors with 7 IT alliances (PRIMI / CNRFID / MEDINSOFT / CIP / CLUSIR / ARCSIS / SCS). The SATT, accelerator of technology transfer: to transfer innovations coming from academic research to the industrial world. Based in Marseille SATT has a catalogue of technologies that are ready to be industrialized.
- 7 competitition clusters, federating laboratories and manufacturers in innovative technologies: contactless, security, photonics, imaging, software, aviation, aerospace, energy, health, medicine, transmedia, natural and industrial hazards (SAFE / Eurobiomed / OPTITEC / CAPENERGIE / SCS / Mediterranean Sea).
- 6 fablabs: ConnectWave / Centrale Marseille / L.A.B / Fablab Provence / LFO / FUVLAB
- 8 incubators for welcoming, housing, and supporting new business creators: Marseille Innovation, Pépinières du Pays d’Aix-en-Provence, Impulse, Pôle Media Belle de Mai, Arbois Technopole for sustainable development.
- Concentration of Research Labs in IT (LSIS / LIF / CRVM / CMP Gardanne / Fresnel Institute / LP3 etc.)
- Large choice of financing organizations from Business Angels to Venture capital, capital funds. (PBA/NETANGLES/PACA EMERGENCE/PACA INVESTISSEMENT/ACG Management…).
- 8 accelerators supporting startup creation and growth through high value-added services (The Camp/Jaguar/P.Factory/Voyageprive.com/Startdust/Netangels/Telfrance/Kedge):
- Training programs
- A business contact network (potential clients, investors, media)
- A pool of high-level skills (marketing and communication, business development)
- Talent recruiting
- Manufacturing” and sometimes financial resources
Organization and support structures for IT companies that offer training, events and meetings throughout the year and organize a number of international shows in the region.